Another interesting fact is that Germans were not interested in politics but enjoyed their life away from big cities. They were probably sick of all the politics in Germany and wanted to have their space. :))
Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012
Interesting article. I was particularly intrigued by the religious groups. Many German speakers did not stick to one religious group but had many different denominations. I come from a different country and I have observed different circumstance regarding the religion. When people of my culture, Ukrainian culture in particular, move to United States, they tend to settle in communities and they are very nationalistic as Ukrainians to their culture all around. They stick to the religion they came from and insist on their children to continue the tradition, even the ones that were born in the United States. It takes decades for Ukrainians to be influenced by American culture. Sometimes it takes generations for Ukrainians to do differently than their parents. I think it has to do a lot with how much respect children have for parents and elders and also the former Soviet Union has a particular influence on this matter. Seems like Germans grasped the freedom life instantly that was offered to them in USA.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.