Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012

AMD Zwei

I like to watch TV and I want to learn German; the idea of watching a German television series seems decent to me.
This time, I watched Verbotene Liebe (Forbidden Love), a long-running German TV program (Deutsches fernsehprogramm) on Das Erste (The First Channel in Germany) about the unfortunate relationship between a pair of twins, who are at first unaware that they were given birth by the same mother. As the bulk of Folge 3681 (Episode 3681, aired in 2010), the then-protagonists, Christian and Oliver, got married for the first time (they would break up and remarry later on). The homosexual pair would come out of the closet once and for all, and Oliver's mother came to his support for the first time, saying she wants her son to be happy.
I did some research about this show and was amazed by how viewers worldwide watched this TV series with much seriousness: although never broadcast outside Deutschland, the show made its name known to the outside world with the focus on Christian and Oliver's relationship - so successful that a website was even set up by their fans who approve of their sexuality. Viewers' opinions were split, also, when one side blamed an original protagonist, Julia, for leaving her husband and son behind for the unfulfilled love with her brother, while the other side longed for their reunion.
Mein Hauptfach ist Kommunikationswissenschaft und ich sehe gern fern! I look forward to learning much more German by watching programs like this, as they are both entertaining and, in my case, "educational."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.