Samstag, 3. März 2012
AMD 4
For this AMD I went to my girlfriend's house and had a German breakfast with her German parents and her. We had what I think is a typical German breakfast with a boiled egg, brot, fleisch, and kase. It was delicious and I got a little more insight into their culture. From what I read from the kultur texts, I found to be true. They were very conscious about getting organic and not modified in any way foods. Since they were both cooks in the house they both knew a great deal about the things they cooked, especially the father. He talked about how some of the meat that he had on the table was smoked thin slices of ham that was smoked for half a year! I don't remember what else he told me, like what it was called and etc, because it was kind of turning into a history lecture. While talking about this meat he also said it was a common German dinner to have bread, with sliced meat on it, a slice of cheese, egg (he called it flat egg, but we Americans call it sunny-side up), and tomato on top. I also do not remember what it was called, but he said it was very common in Germany. Overall it was a delicious and learning experience, it's funny how much you can learn around the dining table.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.