Dienstag, 20. März 2012

Kultur 5

When ich war in Deutschland it was during the world cup. During the fuBball games, it was sehr busy and there was lots of commotion. As we would walk though the crowds of people, I would try to say excuse me to be polite. Once we got out of the crowd, meine Deutsch freundin turned around and said "you don't have to say excuse me, no one says that here." I thought this was crazy but I did notice that no one ever said excuse me or worried about running into others. It seemed very rude to me, but it really is just their kultur. Another article that really caught my attention was the one about the bathroom. Here in Amerika, you never have to pay for the bathroom and of course when i went to Deutschland, i assumed the same thing. I was very wrong. I will never forget the first time i went to a public bathroom and a lady was standing in front of the door shoving her hand at me and yelling in deutsch. Meine freundin had to explain to me that i had to pay before using the bathroom. I couldnt believe this! It made more sense once i saw the bathroom because they are kept very nice and clean. I decided by the end of my trip that you just try to not go to the bathroom in public, but if you have to, at least they are kept nice.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.