Mittwoch, 4. April 2012

Kultur 6

I found the German Privacy article the most interesting and entertaining out of all the articles we had to read. I would definitley not fit in, in Germany when it came to knocking on doors. I come from a family that is very open and my parents usually did not like it when me and my brother even closed our bedroom doors. In the summer, spring, and fall my mom usually has our deck screen door open for fresh air to get in.

Even at college I live in a house with 6 people and if we are home our door is usually unlocked (which may not be the safest thing) but I enjoy people just being able to come in and visit. Since i've grown up with an open door policy in my household I have an issue with knocking as well. My housemates tend to get annoyed with me because whenever their door is closed (mine is usually open) I instead of knocking just open the door and walk right in. I think its easy to say I would make some Germans very angry.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hah. I think you'd fit well in Spain! Apparently they like to visit their old friends without calling.

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.