Sonntag, 29. Januar 2012

AMD 2

I read some of the current news from Deutschland under the "World" section of the New York Times.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/germany/index.html

A lot of the articles were about the economic status in Deutschland which reminded me how big of a player Germany is in the international economy. It talked about the Euro crisis and about how in the last year Germany's economy has grown by 3% while others have shrunk, and how some countries are turning to Germany's assets to not go further into debt. One thing that I read that I found really interesting was where they talked about how the prosperity of Germany could be causing anger in other European countries, like Spain, that aren't doing as well because it's resembling the past trend of German dominance. On the other hand, when speaking in terms of Germany, they talk about their economic success as a sort of post-Cold War identity that doesn't dwell on the past. I think it's interesting to think about how the current status of Germany will be viewed by other people in terms of their past and how those two will be related in the eyes of other countries. Overall many of the articles seemed to focus on how the Euro has actually helped Germany and that Germany is one of the least affected countries in the Euro crisis and now has one of the leading economies in Europe.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.