Montag, 30. Januar 2012
Kultur2
I thought those articles were really funny and a unique insight into German culture. The staring article was really funny, especially when thinking about the contrast with American culture where we are taught that it's not polite to stare at others and people get really creeped out by it. The article about the honesty was interesting to read as well because we can all relate to how we tend to "beat around the bush," as they said it. It's kind of refreshing to see that that's the common way to do things over there since sometimes here it's like people can say one thing and mean something totally different. I feel like it would be really hard to adjust to that style though because I would be so worried about offending people. The article on statistics was interesting to think about; I never really thought about statistics as being a way to kind of represent where you're from, and it was interesting to read how they put a lot of emphasis on data like that. As for the complaining article, it was funny to read because I think every culture can relate to that and you can always find something wrong with the situation you're in. Reading these articles makes me want to travel outside of the United States and see another culture firsthand!
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.