Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012
Trying to have a conversation...
For this post I decided to Skype with my exchange student, Christina. She came to my town a few years ago and then I went and stayed with her for 3 weeks. We talked about how i was taking german and how i am coming this summer to stay with her again. She decided that she wanted to test how much i knew so far so we tried having an only german conversation. It was SO hard!! I didn't realize how fast actual german speakers speak. I had to have her slow down a lot. She said that i was doing pretty well but that i had a heavy accent. She tried to teach me how to say a few more things. I thought it was interesting that she used some different words that meant the same thing. When she asked where i come from she didn't use kommen, she used another word that i didn't understand. She told me that that was a more commonly used verb in everyday use. I think this is what makes learning another language hard because there are so many ways to express the same thing. After our conversation, we decided that we are going to try to Skype each week so that she can help me with my german and so i can get more practice speaking it.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.