Freitag, 10. Februar 2012

AMD 3


Whenever I do my homework I always listen to streaming radio. Because of this I decided to check search for German radio stations that may be streamed through the internet. I found one that I particularly enjoy called B5.
B5 is a station that focuses on both news and sports. Listening to the news was actually very interesting. The program I listened to focused on Gadaffi and the rebel uprising. It wasn’t the content of the material being issued that made this an interesting program, but instead the format that it was presented in. For points that the station knew people would find important, the presentation would be translated into more than one language. For example, when getting information across of the current death toll in Iraq, the segment would be translated into German, French, and English.
I assume that these segments are translated into different languages under an expectation for the three languages to be spoken more diversely in Europe. Broadcast subscription may differ in Europe. Or B5 may be the nations equivalent of the U.S. NPR. Because of this, the station may reach farther into the EU than a radio broadcast in the U.S. normally reaches. 
I can imagine that a German news station would be broadcast to other nations in the EU due to Germany being the industrial center in the region. It would therefore make sense to have the news coming from such a vital nation holding such influence over the Euro.
Though the language of the station was different, it was interesting listening to the news in Deutsche. It was easy to comprehend the events that were being discussed because they are for the most part globally reaching. Because of this, the topics were those that are of common discussion in U.S. culture. Just listening to the news in Germany however makes one realize that critical news topics are not just isolated to the U.S. but are of concern to nations all over the world.

If you're interested in listening to German radio, check this site out!
http://www.listenlive.eu/germany.html

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.