I am not surprised at all about the German beer culture. I like it that Germans don't abuse it, of course some do, but the majority has it simply like an American would have coffee. It is like that around most of the European cultures. It is funny that you can buy beer at McDonald's but not surprising at all, you can find the same in Ukraine. In Europe every coffee shop has alcohol. Perhaps alcohol is not abused in Europe so much as it is in States because of the age law to purchase alcohol. Beer in Germany is equal to the wine culture in Italy. When I was in Italy, I had wine with lunch and dinner and Italians can have it even in the morning.
Everything should have balance in our life and that's when we can enjoy things to its fullest. :)
Everything should have balance in our life and that's when we can enjoy things to its fullest. :)
It makes me think that the higher the walls you try to build, the more eager people try to overcome sometimes: should Americans be allowed to drink at an earlier age, there may be fewer issues about alcohol abuse.
AntwortenLöschenI am definitely surprised, though, that alcohol is available at bars and even in the morning for some places!