Montag, 13. Februar 2012

Kultur 3

These articles were interesting. The one about how Germans think it's no big deal to drink beer throughout the day makes me think about our own drinking laws. I wonder if there is a higher occurrence of alcohol-related incidences in the United States than in European countries? I don't drink but I sometimes think that part of the reason why people act irresponsibly with alcohol is because we treat it like a "forbidden fruit;" something we can't touch until we're 21. I wonder if that aspect of their culture and how they view drinking has had positive effects as far as accidents go. It was interesting to compare the article about organic foods to our own culture. To me organic foods aren't really common at all, and honestly I do associate a certain type of person with organic foods, like the article mentioned. I didn't know that they were very health-conscious like that. The article about pessimism was news to me as well; I'm not sure if I would enjoy being in that kind of environment for very long. I tend to always lean towards the optimistic side of things and I pretty much laugh at everything, so I would just want to try to make everyone happier :) The article about the jokes was really funny. Makes me want to go to Germany and see it for myself!

1 Kommentar:

  1. I think it would be interesting to know if they have less alcohol related incidents too. When i was there i thought it was so weird that everyone drank beer and didn't think anything of it. I kept saying "this is so cool! its legal for me to drink!" and they looked at me like i was stupid and said that it is not a big thing there. I think that the way germans treat beer is a good thing because like you said, american teenagers think that it is this special, forbidden thing which makes them want to do it more.

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.