Montag, 5. März 2012

Kapitel 4

While reading the first article about bicycles and getting hit by one, all I could think of is one of the many times I have almost gotten hit by a bike on campus. Anyways, it would be great if we had more bicycle lanes here, but it seems like everything is too far apart for someone to ride their bike. I mean, I live 30 minutes away. I can't imagine how long it would take me to get here everyday on my bike. This article does speak to the fact that most European countries have been public/ non-car transportation systems.
The second article about Germany and their dislike at stopping for pedestrians reminds me walking across any of the main roads around campus. People are constantly stepping out in front of cars. I am truly amazed no one has ever gotten hit. Anyway, the article was really funny. Who hasn't either gotten the evil eye from a parent or a talking to by a child at some time in their life? I know I have gotten both.
I think that part of the reason that so many Germans are engineers is because they are logical.
I can see a lot of people here taking advantage of the honor system, but apparently in such a logical country, they don't. How nice. It seems like it would take less effort to just put in card swipers.

On an added note, the “hoodlums” in this article are not doing nearly enough to make the rest of the population look good. Come on, steal something, and make the rest of the population feel good about themselves. It's the honor system. That should be the very incentive for you to not something you are supposed to.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.