Dienstag, 6. März 2012
Kultur 4
I think it's very interesting how strictly Germans follow the pedestrian crosswalk signs. I do remember when I visited that obeying the signs were somewhat of a struggle for me. I'm used to completely disregarding the signals as long as there are no cars coming, especially here on campus. The car drivers in Germany are not very forgiving to pedestrians. It's also funny that for the Germans who are starting to be "risk-takers" must make sure that no children are around so that they aren't looked at as bad influences. I also remember being very scared by the bicyclists. I felt like they were less considerate to pedestrians than the cars were. And it is much more common for people to ride their bikes, and they cut it very close to hitting you. Bikes are so common for people to travel with that many of the city trains have a bike section in the back. I never had the experience of being charged extra for not having the correct ticket, but I do remember being very thorough at the DB stations. It was a little bit easier when you could print out and choose your ticket on the computer, but many places didn't have this. Trains in Germany are much more luxurious and comfortable to travel by than the ones I have been on here in the States. I had to laugh when I read that there is a group titled Anonyme Unordentliche for messy people.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.