Dienstag, 6. März 2012
Kultur
I think it is very interesting that Germany has so many bike paths (and some even with their own traffic lights). By implementing these bike paths Germany is reducing the number of cars on the road and reduces the countries reliance on gasoline. I think that having bikes to rent is good idea especially for tourists that are interested in going to a lot of locations. I thought the article how crossing the street without the correct crossing sign was quite funny. Especially here in Ann Arbor, everyone jumps out in front of cars all along the streets, so I can imagine Germans would cringe if they were to see Ann Arbor. I am interested to see if a lot of Germans do actually abide by the "little red man" though! I didn't really understand the article about selling the German train tickets. Why would ticketing agent sell you a ticket for a train when it isn't supposed to be used for that train. It seems quite ridiculous on the ticketing agents part. I also found it extremely interesting that the subway operates on the honor system. Although I can't imagine a ticket for the subway would be that expensive if it operates on the honor system most of the time. Overall, I think it is interesting how Germany offers transportation. While more public transportation and bike paths are ideal for most people, I think the United States is far too big to be able to implement systems like this except in cities. Also reading about nudity in Germany was pretty strange. While I can imagine they don't see too many problems, I inherently see this as very wrong and would feel incredibly awkward if I visited a nude location.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.