(So viel zu lesen!) If I swing by Bayern/München/Dortmund sometime, I'd be really intrigued to find out if Germans would say "Enschudigung" at all. The texts that I've read have left me with the impression that Germans are so pragmatic and "ernst" that an "excuse me" may be unnecessary for them (contrarily, I say that a lot). The two Germans I've met thus far have exhibited nothing quite like how the articles portrayed them as, though - maybe the stereotyping is on an older generation?
Und denn, zu meinem Unglauben (To my disbelief), Deutscher sind zum ersten Mal nicht komisch, unsympatisch (mit ihre Fahrräder, they would run over you en route to work/school) oder zu trunken! Sollt ihr wirklich glücklich für sie sein? With a sex store possibly a stone's throw away from their home, they sure know how to have fun and get things done whenever they please (good for them). Despite all this jocular talk, though, what stirs up controversy in one place is just a fuss elsewhere, as is with a lot of other values. It's one of those things people want to keep in mind before knowing the world and the zillions of cultures within it. My SOC class recently touched on teenage sex and it seems that teens in some European countries tend to start having sex at a younger age, and are yet less regretful and less prone to diseases. Perhaps it is no taboo, after all. (gets reprimanded by dad for being "zu offen")
Then I had my heart dragged through mud when I realized how difficult it can get to flirt a German girl (or to actually know I'm flirted by one) - ich kann überhaupt nicht mit meine Traumpartnerin ein Wort sagen and they talk of love in Germany as if it's an impossible thing! Okay then.
The article on die Klofrau is eye-opening, too; I thought only in a few countries would I expect someone to charge me for the services they provide in a john. There's quite a few in my country but that's all I ever knew.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.