Donnerstag, 22. März 2012

Kapitel 5

I think it is very impolite to not say excuse me if you bump into someone, and I bet those German ladies can do some serious harm. They are tough.
It is weird that someone has to pay to go to the bathroom. Going to the bathroom is just one of those things that should be free, like tap water. Isn't it a janitors job anyway to clean the bathroom anyways? And, what did I hear about a self-cleaning toilet? I want to tell my boss!
So, this short stare seems like an oxymoron. Without a smile seems creepy. There is no way in the world I would be interested in a guy if he was staring at me. That's weird. I do find it funny that someone wrote a whole book making fun of Germans. There are so many things to make fun of; maybe I'll read it sometime. Why are German men so weird? How is it not considered creepy to stare at someone across the room for a long time?
It is no surprise to me that there are more women in the 65+ age group because a) women live longer and b) I know a lot of young men died in the war. I do like how equal rights for men and women in guaranteed in their constitution. I am taking a women's studies class right now that focuses on women in China, but my professor made a good point that America doesn't have gender equality guaranteed. According to her, "All men are created equal" doesn't count. I disagree. It is a very good thing that women and men are starting to make the same money all around the world, including Germany.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.