Sonntag, 8. April 2012

Homer's day

I love The Simpsons, and it was interesting to see a German dub of it.
Unfortunately, I was only able to see Homer's version of the day as
other two were not available for viewing. Before I start, however,
I must say that the movie is reversed to avoid a copyrights complaint.
While I was studying the grammar without pronouncing every word that I was
seeing, I did not know how differently German sounded relative to American
English. Because it is a show based on the satirical nature of average American
family, what Homer and Marge were saying sounded very unnatural. It did not
at all seem like what German-speakers would say in such awkward situations(although it
is highly likely that they wouldn't put themselves in those situations first). Perhaps
they have a slight more dull lives than Americans do.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.