Montag, 16. Januar 2012
AMD 1
I've always been a Giant movie buff. I can't get enough action packed, gritty movies. Because of this I thought it would be fun to check out the German action movies on Netflix. I think this was a great idea, seeing and hearing German while it's being used in context is a great way to brush up on both comprehension and verbal skills.
The first movie I watched in German was titled "The North Face." The movie was about 3 mountain climbing teams in WWII that were funded by the SS. The goal of the 3 teams was to scale, the North Face mountain in the Austrian Alps. The movie itself was a downer, story short, not one team makes it to the top. Along the way half the people die throughout the movie. Not that they weren't awesome scenes, they were just more of a downer than you would find in American cinema.
The Second movie I watched was about a young Jewish boy who is forced to join the Hitler Youth in order to keep his identity a secret. Again this was a downer movie, but it really helps to see the actions that are being conveyed by the language, instead of just hearing it. Watching a movie of your choice also gives you an urge to view the film. If the film successfully conveys the viewers interest its an entirely different feel in itself than if one were to watch a cheesy instructional video.
All in all, watching people portraying the actions that are being said is a major help when learning a different language. This is so because the human mind thrives off of visual learning.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.