Sonntag, 4. März 2012

AMD 4 Ben Brady

I decided to translate a German poem into English. Ich lese gern Gedichte! I translated a poem by Friedrich Rückert called Widmung. It was set to music by Robert Schumann. Ich singe deutsche Lieder oft. I found that I understood a lot of the lyrics before I even looked up the English translation. Ich lerne viel in Deutsch Klasse. German speakers have a whole different repertoire of rhyme schemes than English speakers. For instance, English poets would love be able to rhyme "heart" and "pain," and Germans are lucky enough to have "Herz" and "Schmerz." There are also many grammatical lessons to be taken from translating a poem, particularly this one such as distinguishing between the accusative and the nominative case. "Dass du mich liebst, macht mich mir wert," or "Du hebst mich liebend über mich." What fun!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.