Sonntag, 18. März 2012

AMD 5

I think that the "Denglish" phenomenon results from us becoming more and more globalized and integrating with other nations. I think it's interesting that even more words are being borrowed from both languages considering how the languages are so similar as it is. There are so many cognates between English and German (Musik, Auto, Freund, etc) already that it's interesting to me to see that they're becoming even more mixed. It kind of seems like this mixing of languages and vocabulary is somewhat inevitable given the global connection now compared to years ago. I understand where people are coming from when they said some people were upset about using Microsoft's coined term instead of the proper German term; but I don't know how you would really prevent this language exchange. Maybe the only way to keep the original authentic written language is to have a totally separate alphabet or something so it would be impossible for words to be borrowed. We were actually just talking about this topic in my Spanish class because were translating some slang from different spanish-speaking countries and my professor was saying how spanish, especially the spanish that's spoken in Mexico, is becoming more and more inundated with English words and cognates. Spanglish is the exact same idea as Denglish. Again I don't see a great way to prevent this from happening, especially since I see English and Spanish as very similar languages. I don't know if Denglish and Spanglish are entirely bad things; it's interesting to think about how maybe in the future the languages will be borrowed from even more and people will be able to communicate on a basic level with people across the world, even if they don't necessarily speak that second language.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.