Dienstag, 6. März 2012

Kultur 4

The article about the bike paths made me think about how some people say that when you're in a car you hate pedestrians, when you're walking you hate cars, but everyone hates people on bikes. I think nice bike paths like the ones they talked about would be really beneficial, especially if a lot of people ride their bikes places. I know at home the bikers ride on the side of the road and never follow the normal road rules and I'm always afraid I'm going to accidentally hit someone. You really have to watch out for the people that bike on this campus too! The article about stopping for pedestrians definitely reminded me of Ann Arbor. People here just walk into the road and assume that all of the cars will stop for them, and people never seem to wait for the crosswalk signal. I guess when I came here I was naive and always waited until the signal changed, but now I think I've started walking like the people who have lived here for a long time. It's funny that people over there and very strict about waiting for the crosswalk signal. I've never really been to a big city where I had to take public transportation, but I hear a lot of stories. The article about the bus tickets makes it sound that much more confusing, and it seems like it would be hard for a tourist that hasn't traveled much to find their way.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.